Floatation Therapy creates a uniquely relaxing environment: free of external stimulation to increase feelings of tranquility and decreasing anxious tension. You will feel soothed and grounded for long after your float.
What is Float Therapy?
A floatation tank is a lightless, soundless tank filled with highly concentrated Epsom salt water heated to skin temperature. Floatation, also known as sensory deprivation, is simply the act of relaxing in a floatation tank; with all sights and sounds removed, and drifting into a meditative state that rejuvenates your mind and body.
Benefits of Floating
Floating has been researched to aide in
Relieve stress, anxiety and depression
Reduce chronic fatigue caused by insomnia and jet lag
Accelerate mental clarity and learning
Deepen meditation practices
Soothe chronic pain from arthritis, fibromyalgia, back and neck pain, inflammation and tendonitis
Improve athletic performance
Decrease muscular tension caused by daily stresses and prolonged sitting
Improve circulation and reduce blood pressure
Strengthen the immune system
Prepare For Your Float
You must arrive 20-minutes before appointment time. Your booking time is the Float start time, arriving late will cut into your float time.
Hair color needs to be “set” before coming in to float (your shower water is running completely clear). Please reschedule if it is not.
Showers are provided onsite for your pre-and post Float bathe rinse.
Avoid shaving, tanning, waxing—or anything else that would increase the sensitivity of your skin.
Be sure to hydrate before and after your float.
We do not allow intoxicated, high or altered clients to enter any of our treatment rooms.
We greatly appreciate as much notice as possible if you must miss a scheduled appointment. We can usually fill your appointment with 48 hours’ notice. If you must give less than 24 hours’ notice, we would appreciate it if you would send a family member or friend in your place. If we can’t fill your appointment when you have given less than 24 hours’ notice, you will be charged for 50% of the session fee.
Is Floating for everyone?
Float Therapy is NOT recommended for anyone with the following:
• Epilepsy or prescribed seizure medication
• Kidney Disease
• Kidney or Respiratory Infections
• Low Blood Pressure
• Any infectious diseases or contagious skin conditions, including Diarrhea, Gastroenteritis,
Skin Rash, Common Cold, Athlete’s Foot, etc. (and for 14 days following)
• Incontinence that is not medically controlled
• Diabetes or a history of Heart Conditions that are not under medical care
• Open Wounds, Lesions, Injuries or Skin Ulcers
• Conditions which may be adversely affected by cutaneous absorption of magnesium
• Severe mental diseases where hallucinations may be induced by sensory deprivation
• Intoxication or under the influence of alcohol or drugs, including prescribed sedatives